Friday, January 25, 2013

Growth Spurt

My oldest daughter has been growing.  About an inch in only the last three weeks!

I'm excited because she has been getting farther and farther below average height for the last couple of years.  At her 5 year well check appointment last year she was only in the 30th percentile for height.  I know this isn't *that* short and her pediatrician isn't concerned, but my husband is six feet and I'm 5'8".  We aren't a short family.  Also, she was quite tall (percent-wise) for the first several years.

I have a couple theories as to why she is short but I don't want you to think I'm too crazy so I'll keep them to myself.  :)

For now, I'm just glad she's growing.  Her 6 year well check appointment will be next month.  Here's hoping for another inch before then!


No comments:

Post a Comment