Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Tour of My Sewing Room

I thought I would give you a quick tour of my sewing room.  My husband enlarged and then enclosed (and insulated) the lower deck off our basement rec room to be my sewing room after we had a second baby and my then sewing room became her bedroom.

Yeah, he's pretty great!

My sewing machine is a vintage Singer 301A that my mother in law gave me when I started sewing.  It goes forward and backward.  Nothing fancy but always reliable.


I love my ironing board cover.  I sent one of my vintage sheets to Paula at Compelled to Craft and she made this for me.  It makes me happy every time I iron.  My oldest colored the cat picture for me. 


I bought this awesome shelf from a local yarn shop that was going out of business.  


At the far end I keep my grandmothers cedar chest which my daughters use as a desk.  


Two of my special childhood friends: Lucille and Singing Bear.


There are seven windows in my sewing room!  I made a vintage sheet bunting for a craft fair and now it hangs over the windows.  


Super cute doll dresser from my husband's aunt.  Now it holds tags, sewing machine needles, and extra pins.  The elephant is one of Maddie's Elephants.


That's my sewing room.  After talking with lots of other crafters lately who use the dining room table I feel pretty lucky to have such a great space.  I really love that there are so many windows.  My husband did a great job of listening to what I wanted it to be like - a sunroom with all windows and no walls in order to let every last ray of sunshine in.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the windows; the room is so functional! You and Steve together made a great space in which to work. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great space, Maria. The windows are wonderful - so much light coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so nice! So bright, and organized... I like the custom ironing board cover. I might have to borrow that idea ^_^

    ReplyDelete