Monday, January 21, 2013

Staying Home

We've sort of become hermits lately.

source

It seems like almost daily I see a new friend on facebook talking about the flu hitting either them or their children.  Often these posts follow posts of the families activities of the day which usually include various outings.  I know it's not their fault.  Sometimes kids don't show any signs of sickness until they are literally throwing up.  I don't know if they are contagious before the main event or not, but it still makes me want to stay home.

Luckily, I like being home.  There is always something I can do.  I can sew, read, or cook.  The girls generally play well together.  The air is less dry, thanks to the pot on my stove.  And I don't spend any money.  If I get bored I head over to Pinterest to see what I can see.  (You can find me here: http://pinterest.com/maria_kjosness/).

After all that I'm going to Osh Kosh and Target today.  All things in moderation right?  And lots of hand washing.  :)

Do you minimize outings during flu season?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! And I make every excuse to keep my school boy home too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't purposely minimize the outings; just do less in the winter in general. We do tons of hand washing however. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete