Friday, January 4, 2013

In Search of the Perfect Homemade Ranch Dressing

When I was growing up my mom always said that God invented vegetables so we could eat ranch dressing.  I love ranch dressing.  In addition to dipping vegetables in it and putting it on salads I also like to put it on hamburgers with red pepper and avocado or on burritos with lots of veggies and cheese and sometimes some ground beef or chicken. 



As much as I love ranch dressing it's obviously full of weird things I probably shouldn't eat.  And so begins my search for the perfect homemade ranch dressing.  

Most recently I made this recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  While it is pretty good I think it needs a little more flavor.  I will definitely try it again maybe doubling the spices and using the cilantro which I left out last time since I didn't have any.

The next recipe I want to try (today hopefully) is this one I found on Joy the Baker who says it is from The Pioneer Woman.  Everything The Pioneer Woman makes is good.  I have high hopes!  :)

Have a great day!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment